Are you looking to cultivate more self-love in your life? You’ve landed in the right place! Self-love is central to living a happy and fulfilling life.
The self-love you cultivate for yourself is the energy you send out into the world. The more love you have for yourself only allows you to receive more love from others and give more love to others. And isn’t more love precisely what the world needs more of? So why not start with yourself?!
Self-love goes hand in hand with your confidence, both of which enable you to go after your wildest dreams and achieve your heart’s desires. Self-love will only strengthen the relationships you have with a partner, family, and friends.
To cultivate more self-love, learning to speak to yourself in a kind, loving and compassionate way is one of the most important things you can do to build a more trusting and positive relationship with yourself. Not to mention it’s one of the best ways to boost low self-esteem and banish negative beliefs.
Daily affirmations are a great way to start your day. If you want to live a life filled with happiness, health, and fulfillment, you have to be your own best cheerleader and speak to yourself in a positive and supportive manner.
Positive affirmations are powerful statements, which can evoke positive thinking and action in your life.
The key to positive affirmations is to integrate them throughout your day while evoking positive energy around them. It’s even better if you can integrate them with movements such as walking, dancing, exercising-or saying them to yourself looking into your own eyes in front of a mirror.
Practicing affirmations may feel funny at first, but that’s because it’s new and different. It’s common to feel uncomfortable or silly when doing something new for the first time. Challenge yourself to do it anyway. It will be worth it, promise!
Cultivating self-love takes effort and practice, just like friendships and romantic partnerships- the effort you put into the relationship is what you will get out of it.
To create new habits, you have to be willing to live in the present moment and make choices that support what you need to be your best self now and let go of what was.
So often, people get limiting beliefs stuck in their heads, which are thoughts and beliefs based on the past. Limiting beliefs are often shaped by family, culture, media, groups, etc. A limiting belief may be something such as rich people are selfish or I’m just not good enough, this is just how I am, this is what I know, this is how my family is, etc.
Limiting beliefs keep us stuck and block change.
To create healthier thoughts and habits, we have to be willing to challenge our desire for what feels comfortable and familiar. Our limiting beliefs can keep us stuck even when we have goals for a better life.
One way we can begin to recondition our habitual thoughts is to retrain our minds is through self-love affirmations.
Affirmations can be any positive statement that works for you. Using positive statements is a powerful way to retrain your brain away from those negative thoughts to positive thoughts. When we use affirmations consistently, they become our beliefs, and they can also help shift our thoughts in difficult times.
What your mind repeats, your mind believes. What your mind believes becomes your reality.
111 Positive Affirmations for Self-Love
- Today, I choose me.
- I am worthy of love.
- I don’t have room for negative self-talk.
- I am unapologetically me.
- I see others from a place of love and compassion
- I believe I am right where I need to be today.
- I know I am supported by the source of love.
- Love flows through me.
- My life is filled with abundance and love
- I am guided and supported in all I do.
- Joy surrounds me.
- I have gratitude for all of me.
- I am resilient.
- I find strength and resilience in spite of the challenges of life.
- I fully love and accept myself.
- I fully love and accept my body.
- I embrace my strengths and accept my weaknesses.
- My body is a temple.
- I choose to get back up and keep going, even when it’s hard.
- I am proud of all I have become.
- I am provided for and loved by a higher power.
- I am beautiful, I can feel it.
- I trust all my needs are met.
- I am blessed in many ways.
- I see my beauty.
- I have a beautiful soul.
- I believe in myself.
- I believe in my dreams.
- I am capable of so much more than I even know.
- I am enough.
- I am confident.
- I am strong.
- My resilience is my superpower.
- I am God’s child.
- I am light.
- My inner beauty shines bright in the world.
- I am loving.
- I am caring.
- I am becoming exactly who I’ve always wanted to be.
- The universe is always working on my behalf.
- Love flows to me and from me.
- I am created in unconditional love.
- Great things are coming my way.
- I am worthy of my own love.
- Good things come my way.
- I have a beautiful life.
- The best love is my own self-love.
- My real power lies in my inner wisdom
- I take good care of myself.
- My past mistakes have been my best lessons.
- I live a happy life.
- Big things are happening in my life.
- I am positive vibes.
- I am an important person in this world.
- I love my body today.
- I am worthy of a loving relationship.
- My heart is expansive.
- My intuition is my greatest gift.
- I am perfectly imperfect.
- Today’s challenges are tomorrow’s triumphs.
- I love my unique qualities.
- My voice matters.
- I have all the resources I need to achieve my dreams.
- I am deserving and worthy of my wildest dreams.
- I am whole.
- I have faith in myself.
- I respect myself.
- My needs matter.
- I honor what my body is telling me it needs.
- I will care for myself as I care for others.
- I am strong and resilient.
- I overcome challenges with ease.
- I can let life be easy.
- I appreciate my body and all it does for me today and every day.
- Love is my essence.
- I can do hard things.
- My mind is clear, my heart is full, I am here.
- I am destined for greatness.
- My true nature is love.
- I am my own best friend.
- My life experience is my best teacher.
- I let my light shine.
- My unique qualities make me lovable and special.
- I honor my own boundaries.
- I am deserving of love.
- I have compassion for myself.
- I am kind to myself.
- I am loving from within.
- I am beautiful from the inside, out.
- Love flows from my heart.
- I release self-judgment.
- I embrace all that makes me unique.
- My goals are within reach.
- I am grateful for all I have.
- I am a work of heart.
- I am ready and willing to receive love.
- I overcome challenges with grace.
- I receive compliments.
- I have achieved greatness.
- I radiate love.
- I radiate confidence.
- I attract loving people into my life.
- I allow love.
- I honor my unique journey.
- I trust myself.
- I am enough as I am.
- The universe is always looking out for me.
- I have patience in all I am meant for.
- I am balanced.
- I am free to be me.
- I am love.
The best way to use affirmations is to use them on a daily basis, stick them on sticky notes in the bathroom, on the fridge, wherever you can easily spot them. I like to put my affirmations on heart-shaped sticky notes for added cuteness. Think of them as little love notes to yourself!
When used every single day, they can be an incredibly powerful tool in supporting your mental health and supporting you in stepping into your own power.
Karla Kueber is a Certified Evidence Based EFT Practioner and Health Coach with a background in Energy Medicine and a double Masters Degree in Education. She works with people to, heal trauma, overcome their past and use it to fuel their future. You can learn more about her own healing journey here.